Page 1 - Reviews - Kevala, Organic Black Tahini, 12 oz (340 g) - iHerb
NL

Posted on Jan 15, 2022

This tahini is nice, but the regular one is better in taste and texture. There is a bit of burnt taste, but I feel that the dark color is more as a gimmick than a replacement to regular tahini. I added it to my salad as it is. I also make a tahini sauce - few spoons of the tahini, with lemon juice (about one lemon), water (until I got the wanted texture), olive oil, garlic, salt, black pepper, sweet paprika, chili flakes, and other spices. (to taste).

3e91ea62-3de0-41c3-bf67-d1b69ab8dee9
f3816136-f00b-4884-95f2-62adaa53471d
44165f8d-7391-4f62-9f8a-15d3c8fac06a
a4874dc6-57b3-4466-baba-30088f5bfabe
Posted on Oct 20, 2021

I often found myself with nothing to put this on, so I did what any resourceful (and hungry) person would do: I put my spoon in the jar, took out a heaping amount, about ready to drip all over the place, and shovelled it into my face immediately! Really delicious, and so nutritious-tasting.

Posted on Jul 15, 2021

I bought this yummy tasting organic black tahini paste because I love the taste of sesame. Sesame seeds contain approximately 50-55% oil. Black sesame has a slightly more bitter and stronger aroma than its white counterpart, which is sweeter in taste. However, the bitterness is subtle. Another difference between black and white sesame is that the former contains more carbohydrates whereas latter has a slightly higher protein and fat content (a couple of grams per 100g). Black sesame possesses a higher vitamins A and B content compared to white sesame, which is richer in vitamins E, K, and C. Sesame exhibits a number of health properties, such as improving hepatic lipid function, free radical scavenging capability (antioxidant and antinitrosating action), and even anti-amyloid aggregation action. This makes organic black tahini a health staple for me!

Posted on May 25, 2022

So fragrant, taste heavenly too, no sweetness, no bitterness either, definitely mainstay in my Keto diet as a good source of calcium. I usually eat this directly from the spoon, only 1 tbsp a day, can't afford two because price is quite pricey for me.

deebf557-cdff-4bbf-b2f8-d279f7d25f82
ca84cb81-90b1-4a32-b079-cd5c6b1a09d8
Posted on Jun 23, 2022

It has nice aroma of sesame and taste great. But not very thick and strong so you will tend yo use more. It is a bit watery, and easy to spread. It does make a great mix with peanut butter for toast. Although it say oik separatikn occurs nayurally, but doesnt seems so. It is just all black liquid and easy to stir. The quality is good and I really like it.

Posted on Jun 11, 2022

I have been using this product for about a year. The result is spectacular because it does work for my family members. I will continue repurchase the product for sure. Highly recommend it. Thank you iHerb for fast shipping, and great products. Cheers. If my review is helpful, please give me "a like". Thanks guys!

Posted on Jun 2, 2022

This is my favorite brand and kind of Tahini. It is a bit pricier than the organic sesame one but the roasted sesame and its beautiful black color paste are a treat I spread on my bread with slices of fruits in the morning. It goes well with yogurt, desert.

Posted on Apr 26, 2022

I like this quality healthier composition of organic ingredient product with lots of benefits, it comes in a secure 12 oz size glass jar with enough servings to last . The taste is different but good. I use as a frequent snack and in recipes for my diet, I would recommend and will purchase again.

Posted on Mar 22, 2022

Organic black tahini by Kevala -- delicious! Great taste, very smooth and even, with a flavor smokier and richer than regular tahini. And it's really black, a dark, impenetrable black, so it's also makes for some impressive food presentations if you love plating your food with style. It also comes in a glass jar, which I greatly appreciate. Definitely will buy more!

Posted on Mar 21, 2022

I love the fact that they use glass bottle as their packaging to contain their black tahini, which is better for health compared to regular plastic bottle. On top of it, they use organic black sesame seeds as the only ingredient to make this tahini which makes very healthy and nutritious. I love adding this black tahini into my hot porridge. It seriously makes my breakfast so healthy as black sesame is high in calcium and iron. However, I wish the bottle would be bigger in size so it would last longer.